Thursday, March 10, 2011

Spring Forward, Fall Back

I admit, blogging is not my priority. Not even in my top five. Maybe top 10, but that may be a stretch. But life has been so good to us, it's not right to keep it all to ourselves. So I am attempting to update the last four months over the next few days. If it doesn't happen, I blame the time change, because I know that would have been my most productive hour.


This is what our yard looked like last fall times 100. I have never seen so many leaves since moving to Nebraska. The kids loved playing in the piles. The first time raking it was a beautiful miracle of nature, the second time I could still appreciate burning a few extra calories, but by the nineteenth time I could think of a few other four letter words besides "leaf," but none of them seemed as bad as that word.



You can't spend more than two minutes in Nebraska and not realize what a BIG deal Cornhusker football is. As it turns out, their women's volleyball team is a big deal as well. One of Ted's professors gave us tickets to a game and we had a great time. When the team ran by us in the hall, it was the first time being around a group of women when I felt short. They are all HUGE!



This is just an average day; Dylan saving lives and Kara frightening smaller children. Just kidding. This was Halloween. An average day would consist of Dylan laughing about potty humor and Kara pointing out the flaws in any statement I make. And they probably wouldn't be dressed like that.






















No comments:

Post a Comment