Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Hello LINCOLN, NEBRASKA!






It was a long journey to get here (we didn't actually come by handcart, but if you come visit us you can pull one yourself at the Winter Quarters visitors center)






We were so happy to move into our new house in the Star City (and I'm not talking about Hollywood).







Moving and settling in wasn't without it's moments of feeling a little tangled and out of sorts,





But for the most part, we feel lucky to be soaring through the adjustments and enjoying the ride.






Life is good in the Breadbasket! We miss the mountains, Lake Tahoe and the good people in Gardnerville. But, we love the lightning bugs (we learned they don't call them fireflies), the green trees everywhere, the lightning rain storms, and so many wonderful people we've met already. Have I sold you on this place? You better come see it for yourselves--we also love our guestroom...I mean guests!




















1 comment:

  1. Look at you Amber, a blog! We are excited to see pictures of you guys too. You know Nebraska is where my Grandpa came from right? So I guess I have corn roots there. We'll see you guys soon!

    ReplyDelete